Features and Benefits:
- Manufactured from 100% kiln-dried SA pine
- Lacquered and treated for protection and durability
Standard size: (Thickness x Width)
30mm x 200mm
Maximum weight 15kg
Enclosed with your product:
- 1x 100% SA pine Floating Shelf
- 2x 75mm T-brackets welded onto 5mm wall plates
- 4x (6x45mm) Nail-in anchors with wall plugs
- Drilling Guide
- Position the enclosed "Drilling Guide" (DG) where you wish to mount the shelf. Once done, use a piece of tape or adhesive to secure the "DG" onto the wall.
- Use a spirit level to make sure that the "DG" is straight / level.
- Drill holes into the wall as indicated on the "DG" & remove once done.
- Place metal T-brackets over the holes drilled, then insert the nail-in anchors with their plugs, through the T-brackets into the holes drilled.
- To test positioning, gently push the shelf onto the brackets. If correct, remove the shelf and hammer in the nail-in anchors.
- Once done, re-mount the shelf, stand back and admire your handy work.
Here's some valuable tips:
When drilling the holes, angle your drill 1-2 degrees upward i.e. drill slightly down into the brick. When mounting the shelf, the natural weight of the shelf will compensate and result in a perfectly flush floating shelf.
When mounting the T-bracket wall plates, ensure that the 2 holes on the wall plate are positioned at the top of the wall plate (not the bottom). This stabilizes the wall plate against the wall.
Do not put the wall plug into the hole first, screw the nail-in anchor into the wall plug and then slide them both through the T-bracket holes, into the holes drilled in the wall. Not doing this could result in the shelf being semi-flush with the wall.