Floating Shelf – 200mm Wide
Features and Benefits:
Manufactured from 100% Kiln dried South African Pine
Lacquered and treated for protection and durability.
(DIY instructions and template, with fittings enclosed)
Standard size: (Thickness x Width)
- 30mm x 200mm
Maximum weight 15kg
Enclosed with your product:
1 x 100% SA Pine Floating Shelf;
1 x Drilling Guide - to mark the holes to be drilled;
2 x 75mm T-Brackets welded onto 5mm wall plates;
4 x (6x45mm) Nail-In-Anchors with wall plugs;
1. Position enclosed "drilling guide" where you wish to mount the shelf. Once done, use a piece of tape or adhesive to secure the guide onto the wall.
2. Use a spirit level to ensure "drilling guide" is straight.
3. Drill holes into the wall, as indicated on the "drilling guide" and then remove the "drilling guide" from the wall.
4. Place metal T-brackets over the holes drilled, then insert the nail-in anchors with their plugs, through the T-brackets into the holes drilled.
SOME VALUABLE TIPS:
WHEN DRILLING THE 4 HOLES, ANGLE YOUR DRILL 1-2 DEGREES UPWARD i.e. DRILL SLIGHTLY DOWN INTO THE BRICK - WHEN MOUNTING THE SHELF, THE NATURAL WEIGHT OF THE SHELF WILL COMPENSATE AND RESULT IN A PERFECTLY FLUSH FLOATING SHELF.
WHEN MOUNTING THE T-BRACKET WALL PLATES, MAKE SURE THAT THE 2 HOLES ON THE WALL PLATE ARE POSITIONED AT THE TOP OF THE WALL PLATE, NOT THE BOTTOM - THIS STABILIZES THE WALL PLATE AGAINST THE WALL - see media images.
DO NOT PUT THE WALL PLUG INTO THE HOLE FIRST - SCREW THE NAIL-IN-ANCHOR INTO THE WALL PLUG AND THEN SLIDE THEM BOTH THROUGH THE T-BRACKET HOLES, INTO THE HOLES DRILLED IN THE WALL. NOT DOING THIS COULD RESULT IN THE SHELF BEING SEMI-FLUSH WITH THE WALL - see media images.
5. To test positioning, gently push shelf onto brackets. If correct, remove shelf and hammer in nail-in anchors. Then re-mount shelf and stand back in admiration of your handy work.