Features and Benefits:
- 70% SA pine + 30% MDF
- The Media "Econo" Shelves are assembled from an outer layer of 3mm MDF, with the inside portion of the shelves strengthened by 16x38mm Pine and a 16x76mm wide Pine plate to house the 8cm shelf pin, secured to a 5mm thick wall plate.
- Lacquered and treated for protection and durability
- The wider 300mm x 41mm thick shelf allows for a 10mm x 70mm rebated groove to feed media player cables through + the spacing of the cables keeps the shelf flush with the wall.
- The groove is neatly rebated in such a way that should the shelf not be used for media cabling, it will not impair the aesthetic decorative use of the shelf.
Maximum weight 15kg
Standard size: (Thickness x Width)
41 mm x 300 mm
Enclosed with your product:
- 1x Media Floating Shelf with groove for cables
- 2x 8cm T-Brackets welded onto 5mm wall plates
- 4x (6x45mm) Nail-in anchors with wall plugs
- Drilling Guide
- Position the enclosed "Drilling Guide" (DG) where you wish to mount the shelf. Once done, use a piece of tape or adhesive to secure the "DG" onto the wall.
- Use a spirit level to make sure that the "DG" is straight / level.
- Drill holes into the wall as indicated on the "DG" & remove once done.
- Place metal T-brackets over the holes drilled, then insert the nail-in anchors with their plugs, through the T-brackets into the holes drilled.
- To test positioning, gently push the shelf onto the brackets. If correct, remove the shelf and then hammer in the nail-in anchors by placing a screwdriver into the nail-in anchor & then gently tapping the end of the screwdriver with your hammer.
- Once done, re-mount the shelf, stand back and admire your handy work.
Here's some valuable tips:
When drilling the holes, angle your drill 1-2 degrees upward i.e. drill slightly down into the brick. When mounting the shelf, the natural weight of the shelf will compensate and result in a perfectly flush floating shelf.
When mounting the T-bracket wall plates, ensure that the 2 holes on the wall plate are positioned at the top of the wall plate (not the bottom). This stabilizes the wall plate against the wall.
Do not put the wall plug into the hole first, screw the nail-in anchor into the wall plug and then slide them both through the T-bracket holes, into the holes drilled in the wall. Not doing this could result in the shelf being semi-flush with the wall.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.