Floating Media Shelf 300mm wide 3-Piece Set with Groove for Media Cables
Features and Benefits:
Manufactured from 100% Kiln dried South African Pine
Lacquered and treated for protection and durability
(DIY instructions and template, with fittings enclosed)
Maximum weight 15kg per shelf
Standard size: (Thickness x Width)
- 30mm x 300mm
Standard lengths per 3-Piece Set:
Colour range with Selling Price:
- Mahogany x 3 lengths (440 + 600 + 600) Price: R1, 122.40 VAT Incl
- White x 3 lengths (440 + 600 + 600) Price: R1, 057.26 VAT Incl
FEATURES and BENEFITS
The wider 300mm shelf allows for a small Media Cable Groove, to feed media player cables through – BEFORE securing the shelf.
The 5mm x 20mm groove beveled into the back of the shelf, allows for the convenient spacing of Media cables and keeps the shelf flush with the wall.
The groove is neatly beveled in such a way that should the shelf not be used for Media cabling, it will not impair the use of the shelf.
Enclosed with product:
3 x 100% SA Pine Floating Media Shelves in selected colour of choice
3 x Drilling Guides (1 for each shelf), to mark the holes to be drilled;
6 x 75mm T-Brackets welded onto 5mm wall plates;
12 x (6x45mm) Nail-In-Anchors with wall plugs;
1. Position enclosed "drilling guide" where you wish to mount each shelf. Once done, use a piece of tape or adhesive to secure the guide/s onto the wall.
2. Use a spirit level to ensure "drilling guides" are straight.
3. Drill holes into the wall, as indicated on the "drilling guides" and then remove the "drilling guides" from the wall.
4. Place metal T-brackets over the holes drilled, then insert the nail-in anchors with their plugs, through the T-brackets into the holes drilled.
SOME VALUABLE TIPS:
WHEN DRILLING THE 4 HOLES, ANGLE YOUR DRILL 1-2 DEGREES UPWARD i.e. DRILL SLIGHTLY DOWN INTO THE BRICK - WHEN MOUNTING THE SHELVES, THE NATURAL WEIGHT OF THE SHELVES WILL COMPENSATE AND RESULT IN 3 X PERFECTLY FLUSH FLOATING SHELVES.
WHEN MOUNTING THE T-BRACKET WALL PLATES, MAKE SURE THAT THE 2 HOLES ON THE WALL PLATE ARE POSITIONED AT THE TOP OF THE WALL PLATE, NOT THE BOTTOM - THIS STABILIZES THE WALL PLATE AGAINST THE WALL - see media images.
DO NOT PUT THE WALL PLUG INTO THE HOLE FIRST - SCREW THE NAIL-IN-ANCHOR INTO THE WALL PLUG AND THEN SLIDE THEM BOTH THROUGH THE T-BRACKET HOLES, INTO THE HOLES DRILLED IN THE WALL. NOT DOING THIS COULD RESULT IN THE SHELF BEING SEMI-FLUSH WITH THE WALL - see media images.
5. To test positioning, gently push each shelf onto their brackets. If correct, remove each shelf and hammer in nail-in anchors. Then re-mount the shelves and stand back in admiration of your handy work.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.