Floating Standard Econo Shelf (70% Pine + 30% MDF):
Features and Benefits:
The Standard "Econo" Shelves are assembled from an outer layer of 3mm MDF, with the inside portion of the shelves strengthened by 16x38mm Pine and a 16x76mm wide Pine plate to house the 8cm shelf pin, secured to a 5mm thick wall-plate.
Lacquered and treated for protection and durability - The standard width of 200mm x 41mm thick shelf allows for the display of a variety of accessories and/or ornaments.
This "light-weight" DIY floating shelf is easy to install by using the enclosed Drilling guide to assist you when measuring and putting up the shelf.
Maximum weight 15kg
Standard size: (Thickness x Width)
41 mm x 200 mm
Standard Length + Colour + Selling Price:
440 mm Black R266.00 VAT Incl
600 mm Black R315.00 VAT Incl
440 mm White R283.00 VAT Incl
600 mm White R335.00 VAT Incl
Enclosed with your product:
1 x Floating Shelf;
1 x Drilling Guide - to mark the holes to be drilled;
2 x 8cm T-Brackets welded onto 5mm wall plates;
4 x (6x45mm) Nail-In-Anchors with wall plugs;
MOUNTING INSTRUCTIONS with SOME VALUABLE TIPS:
1. Position the enclosed "Drilling Guide" (DG) where you wish to mount the shelf. Once done, use a piece of tape or adhesive to secure the "DG" onto the wall.
2. Use a spirit level to make sure that the "DG" is straight / level.
3. Drill holes into the wall as indicated on the "DG" & remove once done.
...WHEN DRILLING THE 4 HOLES, ANGLE YOUR DRILL 1-2 DEGREES UPWARD i.e. DRILL SLIGHTLY DOWN INTO THE BRICK - WHEN MOUNTING THE SHELF, THE NATURAL WEIGHT OF THE SHELF WILL COMPENSATE AND RESULT IN A PERFECTLY FLUSH FLOATING SHELF...
...WHEN MOUNTING THE T-BRACKET WALL PLATES, MAKE SURE THAT THE 2 HOLES ON THE WALL PLATE ARE POSITIONED AT THE TOP OF THE WALL PLATE, NOT THE BOTTOM - THIS STABILIZES THE WALL PLATE AGAINST THE WALL...
4. Place metal T-brackets over the holes drilled, then insert the nail-in anchors with their plugs, through the T-brackets into the holes drilled.
...DO NOT PUT THE WALL PLUG INTO THE HOLE FIRST - SCREW THE NAIL-IN-ANCHOR INTO THE WALL PLUG AND THEN SLIDE THEM BOTH THROUGH THE T-BRACKET HOLES, INTO THE HOLES DRILLED IN THE WALL. NOT DOING THIS COULD RESULT IN THE SHELF BEING SEMI-FLUSH WITH THE WALL...
5. To test positioning, gently push the shelf onto the brackets. If correct, remove the shelf and then hammer in the nail-in anchors by placing a screwdriver into the nail-in-anchor & then gently tapping the end of the screwdriver with your hammer.
6. Once done, re-mount the shelf - stand back and admire your handy work.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.