Floating Media Shelf (Pine) with groove for media cables:
Features and Benefits:
Manufactured from 100% Kiln dried South African Pine
Lacquered and treated for protection and durability.
(DIY instructions and "Drilling Guide", with fittings enclosed)
Maximum weight 15kg
Standard size: (Thickness x Width)
30mm x 300mm
Standard Length + Colour + Selling Price:
440mm Mahogany R410.04 VAT Incl
600mm Mahogany R504.51 VAT Incl
900mm Mahogany R693.45 VAT Incl
1200mm Mahogany R879.75 VAT Incl
440mm White R410.04 VAT Incl
600mm White R504.51 VAT Incl
900mm White R693.45 VAT Incl
1200mm White R883.20 VAT Incl
The wider 300mm shelf allows for a small Media Cable Groove, to feed media player cables through BEFORE securing the shelf to the wall.
The 5mm x 20mm groove beveled into the back of the shelf, allows for the convenient spacing of Media cables and keeps the shelf flush with the wall.
The groove is neatly beveled in such a way that should the shelf not be used for Media cabling, it will not impair the use of the shelf.
Enclosed with your product:
1 x 100% SA Pine Floating Media Shelf with groove for cables;
1 x Drilling Guide - to mark the holes to be drilled;
2 x 75mm T-Brackets welded onto 5mm wall plates;
4 x (6x45mm) Nail-In-Anchors with wall plugs;
1. Position enclosed "drilling guide" where you wish to mount the shelf. Once done, use a piece of tape or adhesive to secure the guide onto the wall.
2. Use a spirit level to ensure "drilling guide" is straight.
3. Drill holes into the wall, as indicated on the "drilling guide" and then remove the "drilling guide" from the wall.
4. Place metal T-brackets over the holes drilled, then insert the nail-in anchors with their plugs, through the T-brackets into the holes drilled.
SOME VALUABLE TIPS:
WHEN DRILLING THE 4 HOLES, ANGLE YOUR DRILL 1-2 DEGREES UPWARD i.e. DRILL SLIGHTLY DOWN INTO THE BRICK - WHEN MOUNTING THE SHELF, THE NATURAL WEIGHT OF THE SHELF WILL COMPENSATE AND RESULT IN A PERFECTLY FLUSH FLOATING SHELF.
WHEN MOUNTING THE T-BRACKET WALL PLATES, MAKE SURE THAT THE 2 HOLES ON THE WALL PLATE ARE POSITIONED AT THE TOP OF THE WALL PLATE, NOT THE BOTTOM - THIS STABILIZES THE WALL PLATE AGAINST THE WALL - see media images.
DO NOT PUT THE WALL PLUG INTO THE HOLE FIRST - SCREW THE NAIL-IN-ANCHOR INTO THE WALL PLUG AND THEN SLIDE THEM BOTH THROUGH THE T-BRACKET HOLES, INTO THE HOLES DRILLED IN THE WALL. NOT DOING THIS COULD RESULT IN THE SHELF BEING SEMI-FLUSH WITH THE WALL - see media images.
5. To test positioning, gently push shelf onto brackets. If correct, remove shelf and hammer in nail-in anchors. Then re-mount shelf and stand back in admiration of your handy work.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.